Two School Ballot Measures
BOND MEASURE - 4B
WELD COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. RE-4 BONDS
Ballot Issue 4B
SHALL WELD COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. RE-4 DEBT BE INCREASED $271 MILLION, WITH A REPAYMENT COST OF UP TO $495 MILLION, AND SHALL DISTRICT TAXES BE INCREASED BY UP TO $19.8 MILLION ANNUALLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF ACQUIRING, CONSTRUCTING, REPAIRING, EQUIPPING AND IMPROVING DISTRICT CAPITAL ASSETS INCLUDING:
- THE CONSTRUCTION OF TWO NEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS;
- THE CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW MIDDLE SCHOOL;
- THE EXPANSION OF SEVERANCE MIDDLE SCHOOL;
- THE EXPANSION OF SEVERANCE HIGH SCHOOL;
- A NEW CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION CENTER AT SEVERANCE HIGH SCHOOL;
- REPLACE AND ENHANCE SAFETY AND SECURITY INFRASTRUCTURE;
- THE EXPANSION OF WINDSOR CHARTER ACADEMY; AND
- AS FUNDS ALLOW, THE REPAIR OF AND IMPROVEMENTS TO OTHER DISTRICT SCHOOLS AND OPERATIONAL FACILITIES TO EXTEND THEIR USEFUL LIFE, AND THE ACQUISITION OF CURRENTLY LEASED CAPITAL ASSETS;
BY THE ISSUANCE AND PAYMENT OF GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS WHICH SHALL BEAR INTEREST, MATURE, BE SUBJECT TO REDEMPTION, WITH OR WITHOUT PREMIUM, AND BE ISSUED AT SUCH TIME, AT SUCH PRICE (AT, ABOVE OR BELOW PAR) AND IN SUCH MANNER AND CONTAINING SUCH TERMS, NOT INCONSISTENT WITH THIS BALLOT ISSUE, AS THE BOARD OF EDUCATION MAY DETERMINE; AND SHALL AD VALOREM PROPERTY TAXES BE LEVIED WITHOUT LIMIT AS TO THE MILL RATE TO GENERATE AMOUNTS, NOT TO EXCEED THE AMOUNTS SET FORTH ABOVE, SUFFICIENT IN EACH YEAR TO PAY THE PRINCIPAL OF, PREMIUM IF ANY, AND INTEREST ON SUCH DEBT AND TO FUND ANY RESERVES FOR THE PAYMENT THEREOF; AND SHALL THE DISTRICT’S DEBT LIMIT BE ESTABLISHED AT 6% OF THE ACTUAL VALUE OF THE DISTRICT’S TAXABLE PROPERTY TO PERMIT THE ISSUANCE OF SUCH BONDS?
MILL LEVY OVERRIDE - 4C
WELD COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. RE-4 OVERRIDE
Ballot Issue 4C
SHALL WELD COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. RE-4 TAXES BE INCREASED UP TO $5 MILLION ANNUALLY (WITH ONE-HALF OF THE STATED ANNUAL AMOUNT TO BE PHASED-IN OVER A TWO-YEAR PERIOD) TO PROVIDE FUNDS TO BE APPLIED AS FOLLOWS:
- TO RETAIN AND RECRUIT HIGH QUALITY TEACHERS AND SUPPORT STAFF TO BE COMPETITIVE WITH OTHER SCHOOL DISTRICTS AND FOR STARTUP/STAFFING COSTS OF NEW FACILITIES;
BY A PROPERTY TAX TO BE IMPOSED AT A MILL LEVY RATE SUFFICIENT TO PRODUCE THE AMOUNT SPECIFIED ABOVE, WHICH TAXES SHALL BE DEPOSITED INTO THE GENERAL FUND OF THE DISTRICT AND SHALL BE IN ADDITION TO THE PROPERTY TAXES OTHERWISE AUTHORIZED TO BE LEVIED FOR THE GENERAL FUND?
Ballots are mailed to each registered voter in October prior to the November 8 election day. To ensure you receive your ballot, make sure you are registered to vote and / or that your voter registration information is up to date.
Ballots must be returned via mail by October 31 (postmarked) or in-person by November 8. Voters may also vote at in-person polling places.
For more information on polling places or ballot drop boxes, visit Vote 411.